Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Cricut Cardz Challenge #52




Hi everyone,

Just want to welcome all of my new followers and to say thanks so much for following my blog, I really do appreciate it!

Time for another Cricut Cardz Challenge!!! This weeks theme is to make a Christmas card with "Just Words" You can not use any other cricut cut image. You may choose any cart and colors you'd like.

Now onto a little bit of inspiration, I used my Gypsy to create a tall card which measures 4x9, it fits into your standard size business envelope. The word I chose was "Winter" from the Gypsy Wanderings, it's cut at 3 x 7.41 inches. Considering we couldn't use any other cricut cut image, that's where color and embellishments had to come in to play. I needed something to make it pop! I thought, white, black and red should do the trick. The winter needed a bit more...hmmm, embossing, swiss dots..... wonderful, looks almost like snow, added some snow flake brads and some ribbon, another challenge complete.

Here is my take on the "Just Words" challenge. Now it's time to see yours, let's get those creative minds to thinking, link your post to the Cricut Cardz Challenge, invite someone to join in on the fun!

Thanks so much for stopping by and have a blessed day!

12 comments:

Celeste B. said...

I really like it a lot!!!!! It's just so elegant! TFS! :)

Georgiana said...

Ooooh..I really like it too. Your card grabbed my attention immediately and I thought how perfect.

Great job,
Georgiana

Adrian said...

Wow, Melissa this is smokin':) And I truly love the colors!!!!!

Anita said...

Simply Beautiful!! Great Job on this week's challenge!

Joanna said...

Love it! You did a fabbie job! ;)

Sharon said...

WOW!!!! This is simply fantastic!!!
:)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love the colors on this!!

MamaFin (Laura) said...

Love your card! This color combo is really striking!!!! Thanks for sharing inspiration!

Jeri said...

Oh my gosh, Melissa, I just love this design. That word is just so pretty with the embossing. Well done. Thanks so very much for your card this week. Hugs

Karen Aicken said...

Wow - this is amazing. LOVE the red/black/white colour scheme -- you really rocked the CCC challenge! TFS
Cheers, Karen
alteredscrapbooking dot com

N2ScrapN4Fun said...

The color combo on this card is fabulous. It really makes the card pop!!!

Vee (CCC DT2)

Anonymous said...

wooohoo nice post!